3050 South Justice Way
Kankakee, IL 60901
- All mail either incoming or outgoing will be searched by an employee of the Kankakee County Sheriff’s Department.
- Magazines, hard cover books, calendars or newspapers are not allowed in the facility and will not be accepted through the mail.
- Books may be shipped into the facility only through a bookstore, warehouse or publisher. You may send books to an inmate through Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com or a similar retailer.
- No cards that play music are allowed.
- All incoming mail must have a return address that includes both a name and an address.
- No blank stationary, blank envelopes, stamps or blank stamped envelopes will be accepted. These items must be purchased off of commissary.
- If an inmate has left the facility or has been transferred to another facility their mail will only be held for thirty days.
- No newspaper or magazine clippings will be accepted.
- Pictures are allowed. However, no pictures over the standard 4 x 6 size will be accepted.
- Pictures may not contain any nudity, gang symbols or activity, use of drugs or alcohol or any representation of illegal activity.
- All mail must be sent through the United States Post office or a commercial equivalent and may not be dropped off at the facility.
- Any correspondence with another incarcerated person is prohibited unless previously approved by the Chief of Corrections.