The Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Division consists of 30 Sworn Patrol Officers. The Patrol Division Officers patrol 640 square mile of urban and rural Kankakee County they perform general police work in the protection of life and property, prevention of crime, preservation of public peace, maintain social order, enforce the laws and investigate of crimes, and perform related work as required. Patrol Officers also service the Kankakee County Court House and Judicial System.
The Patrol Division is divided into three patrol shifts that patrol rural and urban Kankakee County 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Officers assigned to the Patrol Division may be assigned to work various positions or specialty units within the Patrol Division.
- Kankakee County Court House Security
- Kankakee County Annex Building Security
- School Resource Officer
- Traffic Enforcement Unit (TEU)
- Accident Reconstruction
- Kankakee County SWAT Team
- River Patrol Unit
- Field Training Officer
- Child Passenger Safety Officer
- Kankakee County Fair Detail
- Bears Camp Detail
- Bourbonnais Friendship Festival
- ILEAS Weapons of Mass Destruction Team
- ILEAS Rapid Response Team
- Hostage Negotiator
- Decimeter Control Officer
- Transportation of Jail Inmates