Now Accepting Applications for Sheriff Deputies
The Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of deputy sheriff with the Kankakee County Sheriff’s Department.
Salary: $55,106.62 – $88,734.64 (30 years). Additional compensation includes overtime pay, holiday pay, uniform allowance ($800 cash, or $1,000 quartermaster per year), education pay ($40-$300 per month), fitness incentive (up to $1,620 per year), shift differential (up to $110 per month), and non-tobacco use incentive ($300 per year).
Benefits: include competitive medical insurance plans, tuition reimbursement, compensatory, and personal time off in addition to vacation and sick leave, take-home squad cars, and IMRF Pension Plan.
Lateral Transfers: A Police Officer with two years of experience as a certified Law Enforcement Officer in the state of Illinois will be hired at the two year mark with a base starting salary of $63,800 as of 12/1/22 (increases to $65,400 as of 12/1/23).
Population: 107,000 (approx.)
Sworn Officers: 53
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the County of Kankakee:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and 21 years of age at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt per state statute;
- Be a high school graduate (or have attained a GED) -AND- have successfully completed at least (80) semester hours of accredited college credit -OR- be currently employed at the Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office in the Corrections Division with at least 2 years of service at the initial offer of employment -OR- currently serving in the United States military or have served and been honorably discharged -AND- a minimum of 40 semester hours of accredited college credit;
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, Kankakee Community College, or Joliet Junior College within 12 months of the application deadline date (October 7, 2022) – OR – provide proof of current enrollment in a state of Illinois certified police academy;
- Must successfully complete a written examination and oral interview;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, and medical testing;
- Must be a resident of the County of Kankakee within 6 months of appointment as a sheriff’s deputy;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Submit application online by Friday, October 28th, 2022 at 4:00 PM;
- Attend a mandatory written exam on Wednesday, November 9th at 6:00 PM.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
http://www.applytoserve.com The County of Kankakee, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Comments are closed