Sheriff’s Office Seeking Applicants for Deputy Sheriff
October 10, 2018 – Kankakee, IL – The Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of deputy sheriff. All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the County of Kankakee:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and 21 years of age at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt per state statute;
- High school graduate or GED equivalent;
- Successfully completed a minimum of 80 semester hours at an accredited college, university, or junior college – OR – currently serving in the United States military or have served and been honorably discharged AND a minimum of 40 semester hours at an accredited college, university, or junior college;
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, Kankakee Community College, or Joliet Junior College within 12 months of the application deadline date (October 22, 2018);
- Must successfully complete a written examination and oral interview;Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, and medical testing;
- Must be a resident of the County of Kankakee within 6 months of appointment as a sheriff’s deputy;
- Pay a $35.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
The application deadline is October 22, 2018 (MUST be submitted online by 10/22/18 at 4pm (CST), and applicants can apply online by going to www.applytoserve.com. The County of Kankakee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comments are closed