Deputy Sheriff Hiring Process
Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office
The Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of deputy sheriff with the Kankakee County Sheriff’s Department.
Salary: $53,170 – $90,248 (30 years)
Population: 110,000 (approx.)
Sworn Officers: 43
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the County of Kankakee:
- S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and 21 years of age at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt per state statute;
- High school graduate or GED equivalent;
- Successfully completed a minimum of 80 semester hours at an accredited college, university, or junior college – OR – currently serving in the United States military or have served and been honorably discharged AND a minimum of 40 semester hours at an accredited college, university, or junior college;
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, Kankakee Community College, or Joliet Junior College within 12 months of the application deadline date (October 22, 2018);
- Must successfully complete a written examination and oral interview;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, and medical testing;
- Must be a resident of the County of Kankakee within 6 months of appointment as a sheriff’s deputy;
- Pay a $35.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Monday, October 22, 2018 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a joint written exam offered by Kankakee County, the city of Kankakee, and the village of Manteno on Saturday, November 3, 2018. Candidates interested in applying to Kankakee County, Kankakee City and/or Manteno must apply separately to each agency to be considered for that particular agency’s hiring process but will only take one written exam. Applications for all three are available at www.applytoserve.com.
The County of Kankakee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.